Friday, June 15, 2012

Guest Post: FALLEN Review by Monica of COVER ANALYSIS!

Hey y'all!

So a few months back, I asked my good friend Monica of Cover Analysis if she would like to do a guest review on my blog. At the time I was buried beneath a ton of schoolwork and stuff so I didn't have time to update the blog as often as I would like to. Monica, being the awesome person she is, said yes. But then of course I failed at scheduling the post, too, so here it is today: Monica's review of Fallen by Lauren Kate, both hilarious and a spoof of awesomeness!

Fallen
By: Lauren Kate
Reported by: Monica Lopez

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

-Summary from Goodreads
Purchase: Mrs.Nelson's||Barnes&Noble||Amazon

*~*~*~*

Juli has some great reviews for you guys but unfortunately they due for later in time and not now but NO NEED TO WORRY! I'm here! Monica from Cover Analysis!


So, without further ado, let's get to the review!!



Actual Review:

This book is nothing like I expected. This book really knew to play with my little head. Lauren has to given props by dragging Daniel's little secret all the way until the end. Lauren surely knows how to keep her readers captive. From the minute I turned the page I loved it. Luce, the MC, goes this reform school because she sees this "shadows" and because she is suspected to kill her high-school crush. Long story short. She doesn't know who he died, shes at a new school, and has a strong attraction for . . . *gasps* Daniel Grigori.


I have to say one of the reasons I really loved this book was because most books out there have a so-called "love triangle" when really they don't. In Fallen, you get the good old bad-boy being straight forward with you VERSUS the blonde haired, *bits tongue* violet-eyed guy who ignores you. We always want what we can't have, am I right? My point is that Lauren delivers. Dark, mesmerizing, and full with romance all at one all while having a great a mystery and twist involved. Who exactly is Daniel Grigori? A vampire? Fallen angel? Mermaid? Troll? Time-traveler? That, my friends, must be discovered by YOU.



Extra Stuff:

I think a not too shabby job, if I may say so. :) Have you read Fallen yet? Is Daniel Grigori really a mermaid?



*~*~*~*


Haha, thanks Monica! I, personally, think Daniel is a troll... though, what do YOU think?
The Reviews News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...